Where will my money go?
Key recipients of the money collected will include the Red Cross, Caritas and UNHCR (the UN’s refugee agency). Jersey Overseas Aid is in daily contact with its humanitarian partner agencies, including those still based in Ukraine, to determine the most effective ways to channel the Island’s generosity.
Some examples of how the funds will be used are:
- In support of health facilities, the provision of medical equipment and food as well as reuniting separated families.
- To provide timely lifesaving multisectoral assistance to displaced and non-displaced persons, who are affected by the escalation of hostilities.
- To protect conflict-affected people and civilian infrastructure regarding international humanitarian law, norms, and standards.
- To support provision of basic services in areas impacted by the escalation of hostilities.
- To support vulnerable people, including unaccompanied minors, single women with children, elderly, and people with disabilities.
- To build the capacity of humanitarian teams in Ukraine and neighbouring countries to bolster locally led humanitarian action.
- To support governments in their response to a refugee influx through the provision of core relief items and unrestricted cash grants.
For up to date information about how the funding has been allocated, please see the dashboard below.